Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quilting for Ashley


Well, I started a tradition with Mandy when she got baptized. I began making a "comforter" for my kids to remember the day they were baptized and receive the holy ghost. Little did I know that when I started this tradition 2 years ago that I would be preparing for a new baby to come, have Thanksgiving/Christmas and be having Ashley's Baptism all around the same 4 week period. So I decided to start early!! About 6 weeks ago I started Ashley's quilt and it is finally done!!!!! Slowly but surely. . . That is my motto. . . .

I try to pick fabric and patterns that reflect their personalities and I think I hit the nail on the head with Ashley. She is cheery, fun, bright, happy, and bold. I think that is her quilt as well!!

Now on to the baby's bedding and Christmas shopping!!

11 comments:

The Andersons: said...

Beautiful quilt Anna! You are talented. That kind of quilting is a little out of my league. Too much math! I'm impressed!

Sherri Romney said...

Wow Anna. I just made a skimpy little baseball quilt that looks trashy next to yours. ;) That is beautiful and I am very impressed that you got it done with all the other things going on! I Have a lot to learn about hand stitched quilts cause mine didn't really turn out. ;)

Adam said...

Anna,
What a good lookin' family you have.

Adam and Casey Ann

Mel said...

You are so talented! IT is beautiful!

Valorie said...

Anna,
That is such a wonderful idea, there isn't enough homemade sentimental keep forever kind of gifts anymore. What a wonderful memory she will always have with it. You are my idol super mom. Miss you guys.

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Anna,
Shannon got on and typed out a whole comment and then got frustrated when she couldn't get it to save. I tried to come in and help, but by that time she was angry at all things technical. Long story short, both of us think that is one of the neatest gifts ever. The quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Great Tradition in a world that doesn't appreciate tradition like it should.

Anderson Clan said...

Wow, Anna--I love the pattern! You are so creative. It looks perfect and beautiful! You're kids are so lucky! I think you must be wonder woman!

Amanda said...

WOW Bea- you rock! THat is such a lost art. it looks FAB!!!

I was raised in a barn said...

Good Job Anna! That is amazing!!

Pepple said...

Hi Anna!! What an amazing quilt you made! Your family is all getting so big. Congrats on the new baby boy, how exciting. I bet Jason is so excited to have a brother.

top knot extensions said...

You are such a great mom!!!