Monday, January 25, 2010

Mitchell's First Birthday


Well our little cutie pie is officially one year old! At his year check up he was 20 pounds 13 ounces, and 30 inches long. He has yet to learn how to crawl or walk, but he is close to doing both. I am very fearful of the day he learns to get around because he is going to terrorize this house! He LOVES to walk around in his little walker and get into everything. He runs from cupboard to cupboard and unloads everything inside. I am sure when he is completely mobile on his own it will require many safety devices to keep him in check.


I gave in and bought him a few toys that require batteries. I usually try to avoid batteries at all costs because that means, the said toy makes noise. He loves his little noisy devices and I am under the illusion that these devices will somehow teach him his letters and numbers.

I have bitter sweet emotions as I realize my baby is one year old. The older I get I realize time is speeding up and NOT slowing down. I remember when we came home from the hospital and I pulled him out of the car seat and Mandy declared, "He looks just like a puppy!" We talk about that all the time and how sweet and curled up those newborn babies are, and how much we have tried to enjoy each stage of this little baby boys life. We love you Mitch!

12 comments:

Mel said...

He is the cutest little boy ever! Man that face is so cute! I can't believe he's one too.

kellie said...

He IS such a little cute boy! We love having him come over on volleyball nights, it is so much fun for us!

Kristen said...

He is so cute! Isn't it crazy how quickly they grow up? Sometimes it seems that day by day goes slowly, but year by year flies past!

Mindi said...

I didn't realize he was that old! He is so cute!! I understand you totally on the toys with batteries. So, what are the stars made out of on the cake?

Sherri Romney said...

Happy Birthday Mitchell! Anna you HAVE to teach me how to decorate cakes... I want my kids to like me more than you, haha

The Johnsons said...

He has such a cute smile!! I don't know if it is his smile or face shape or hair color or what, but something about him looks like Preston to me. Am I crazy? Its good to see some pictures. Miss you guys

Ranell said...

Darling boy. Beautiful cake. Looks like a great first birthday!

P.S. I want pictures of your house! Please write a post just for me so I can imagine you in your new life!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Aww Happy Birthday to your Baby!! I love the cake - so cute!!

top knot extensions said...

Look at you, i really think you should be a cake decorater!!I cant believe it was a year ago seeing his birth pics!!!

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

Look at that smily I LOVE IT!! What a handsome little man. Great cake too Anna

Anonymous said...

Mitchelle is adorable! I miss your family and wish we could see you more often!

Kell said...

He's growing up to be such a cutie like all of you guys! Happy Birthday Mitch!!