Sunday, January 10, 2010

Resolution

O.k., I usually do not write down any of my resolutions for all eyes to see because I don't want to be embarrassed when I fizzle out in February, but I really need to accomplish some exercise goals this year, so I think I want a little accountability! So here goes: I want to do the Casa Grande Triathlon in November, but I am in ZERO shape. I haven't worked out since before Mitchell was born and I'm scared out of my mind!! I can't run without losing control of my bodily functions and I only do the backstroke (I'm too scared to put my face in the water for any extended period of time, I blame this on my fear of water that I developed as a 6 year old child when I watched JAWS -- so scary, I even look for sharks in pools!!). So needless to say, this is going to be quite the adventure. I figured I'd start with the running, so I'm starting couch to 5K this week. I loved the name of the program, because I am definitely sitting on the couch! So wish me luck and say a prayer that I make it through the first week.

11 comments:

Mindi said...

Good luck Anna!! You can do it. Immodium can help:)

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Please explain this "couch to 5K" thing because my goal this year is to run the 5K on Thanksgiving morningand am I not that great of a runner. HELP!

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

Why can't I live close to you so I can be motivate right with ya to take on a 5K!! That is so great

BTW Happy Birthday back on Dec 30th!!! Sorry I didn't get my card sent I left it in IL while I was in LA Hope you had a great day

kellie said...

You can do it Anna, one step/stroke/peddle at a time!

Mel said...

You can do it! Seriously, if I can you can! Good luck with that and stick to it! Have someone do it with you so you are accountable. :)

I love that you use my clean the bathroom technique! That's funny that I told you about it.

Kell said...

Love it!!! That is so cool! I know you can do it!

Becky said...

You ought to talk to Natalie. She's our marathon expert. She has a breakdown of training; how to slowly work your way up from 1 mile to wherever you need to be.
Good luck! I'm a firm believer that you can do anything you put your mind (and body) to!

Sherri Romney said...

Good luck Anna!!! YOu can do it! As of Feb 8th I'm starting a workout routine as well hahaha

top knot extensions said...

That is SO great!!! I LOVE working out! You are going to feel so great!! good luck!!

Anonymous said...

And? How's it going? I love your brutal honesty! I think all us mothers can relate!

Ryan Christensen said...

You are scared of sharks but yet you swim on your back? explain how that works, if anything I would think you would be swimming face down searching for any movement in the water below... haha