So, being in Las Cruces, you have to visit White Sands!! White Sands is 287 square miles of pure white sand dunes in the desert of New Mexico and it's about 45 minutes outside of Las Cruces. It's a fun place to slide down the dunes and bury each other!!
We also had my cousin's wife Cassandra and her kids meet us out there. It was fun to see her and the kids, I am good friends with her sister Vanessa who lives in Crystal Lake, IL. Kind of a small world.
We played at White Sands for a few hours until it got TOO HOT! The air temperature wasn't bad, it was that reflection off the sand. We all got a little bit sunburned!
6 comments:
I would imagine that you could get sunburned quickly!
I hope to get there sometime...looks so cool
Fun! The sand looks so nice there!
I remember stopping there when we were driving home from TX when I was about 14. My dad was trying to take our family's picture and kept getting mad because no one could even open their eyes! (He had sunglasses on). As soon as we got him to take them off, he was a lot more understanding (ha, ha). It was a totally cool place and my kids would love it. Thanks for the reminder. Glad you had a great time.
O how fun Anna! Looks like it was a good time :) When are you visiting next???
Anywhere that has white sand to play all day in would be a blast!! I bet all the Marks members had fun fun fun
This is one of our favorite places! We go to New Mexico alot because both my brothers live there. Good times!
Post a Comment