Saturday, December 27, 2008

Breech Baby!!

Ah! I have a breech baby! We will be going to the hospital to try to turn this little boy around on Tuesday, Dec. 30th. I sure do hope it is successful and that he stays put after that! I'm a little nervous because I'm told to be prepared for it to be quite uncomfortable! Have any of you out there ever had to have a baby turned around at about 38 weeks?

8 comments:

Valorie said...

My friend Kathie Marshall had hers turned that late, they were successful at the last minute, but I'm not sure of the pain. But I have heard the same as you, that it isn't pleasant, but to avoid a C-section, it's worth it. Good Luck! We'll keep in touch. Not a great birthday experience for you, but we will pray they can turn that little baby boy of yours.

Babbel Family said...

Good luck with that, I hear it is not fun!!!

Anderson Clan said...

So, are they going to help him come while they're at it? Or are they just planning to turn him and then let you wait it out some more? I say you demand that they induce you and then you'll have the epidural while they turn him. That makes much more sense. Besides, then you'll get the tax credit. Good luck either way. We'll be thinking of you!

top knot extensions said...

YEIKS!!! but it is better they find out now rather than when you go into labor.

Pepple said...

Hi Anna! I am sorry you have a breech boy! My last 3 were all breech at 38 weeks but all turned in time for labor. I hope he turns for you. I would totally ask for an epidural and then to be induced. A friend of mine had an epi for hers and it was no pain at all. You can also try www.spinningbabies.com for some tips to help him turn. If for some reason he doesn't turn during the version, I would wait it out. A lot of babies turn in preperation for labor. Good luck!

I was raised in a barn said...

I have. London was breech and at 38 weeks they tried to turn her. After 45min of the worst pain in my life she didn't move and inch. A couple of the nurses said he should have given me a epidural and then induced. I think i agree. I have kidney stones, mestitus and that was by far the worst pain. Turns out London had the cord wrapped around her neck 3 times so a c-cection was the only option. good luck! Ask for an epidural!

Amanda said...

I just heard that all you need to do it yell at them and spank them. That is what I do to my kids now and they seem to turn around really FAST!:)

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Shannon and I just read your situation. We wish you the best of luck with this. Having been down the C-section road three times now, I hope you are successful or else make sure your husband knows not to look when they do the C-section. Scariest moment in my life when I saw what I wish I hadn't seen. Main reason I am good with four kids. Again, Good luck!!!