Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas, Christmas!!






Here are all the "kids" patiently waiting to go downstairs to see the Christmas goods.  We told the kids they had to wait upstairs until 7:00 a.m. before they got us up and I was so proud of them because they really did it, there was no peeking!! (Which I must admit is very much unlike me, I was the biggest snoop in the house when I was a kid.)

The kids favorite part of Christmas this year was buying gifts for each other.  They drew names from a hat, went to Wal-Mart, and had a good time thinking of something for their sibling.  We decided to open those gifts on Chrismtas Eve instead of our traditional book opening.  I think we could have ended Christmas right there.

I wasn't as good at taking pictures this year, but I did post a few of the good ones.  Lydia was really fun to watch with her sleeping bag.  Occasionally, I let the kids watch a movie and sleep in the basement on a Friday night and Lydia has been the only one without a sleepover type sleeping bag, so I knew she would like it.  I didn't realize how much.  She keeps dragging that think all over the house and wants to know when then get to sleep downstairs.

Mandy is holding up the Mario Cart Wii game that my parents got for them, which they have been playing with non-stop for the last 3 days.  It's been great!  I've taken a vacation from being the "Mom", I have only done dishes, and I've left everything else a mess while I help Seth finish the babies room.  I'll have to post pictures of it later, we now have a 4 bedroom home!!  Hurray

2 comments:

Valorie said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I'm so glad, we missed you!

Pepple said...

So fun! I love Christmas. Are your kids able to play mario kart ok? We got a wii for Christmas and I was worried it would be too hard for them. I have loved the mommy vacation the wii has given me too! Yay for getting the babies room done.