Thursday, March 12, 2009

More pictures. . .




So I've had my family asking for more pictures, so here they are.  

There is also a story behind the blessing pictures, so here goes:

The morning of Mitchell's blessing Seth has meetings so we weren't able to take any pictures before church.  Seth also has to stay after for a little bit so he didn't get home until the baby was asleep, but I told him to stay in his suit.  When the baby woke up, I fed him and then Seth's Mom was holding him and he had his first major blow out in his blessing outfit.  Thus there are no pictures from Mitchell's actual blessing day.  So the next Sunday, I dressed him up in his outfit again and took some pictures with Seth.  

Mitchell sure looks cute in his little tuxedo!  I was almost too embarrased to take him out of his car seat to be blessed.  I looked at him in that little suit and started laughing and thinking, "why do we dress up these little babies like their going to the prom?"  His tuxedo even has coat tails!!

We had a great weekend when he was blessed.  Seth's parents came as well as Seth's sister Lucy and her family.  I absolutely love having family visit and Seth's Mom and Dad spoiled the kids and the parents.  They are the greatest inlaws!  I am so lucky.

Lucy now lives permanently in Indiana and it's so nice to have family close!!  We're going down to her house for Spring Break in a week or so.

7 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

I think you make a great point about dressing up these babies for their blessing. I don't think Abby has worn as nice a dress in the nine years since her blessing. Ah well, what you gonna to do. That picture of your two boys is priceless. Our baby is already so big and it seems like we just had her. Enjoy it (as if you didn't already know to do that.)
Ryan

Lacey Fay Cottrell said...

You crack me up. I don't think I even have an outfit for Justin's blessing yet! With my luck he will have a blowout before the blessing and end up in only a onies for the congregation to see.

Sherri Romney said...

What a handsome little man! I love his white suit!!!

Mel said...

That is the worst! It sounds like something I would have done! Man he is so dang cute!

Whitney and Michael said...

he is too cute!

The Andersons: said...

Oh, so cute! You've got to love a little baby in a white tux!

Amanda said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Those are some cute boys!