Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Anne of Green Gables

Occasionally I read a little novel to Mandy and Ashley in the evening after the three little ones are down and we have some quiet time together. We usually try to read something fun and after we're finished, we watch the movie. We've read Ella Enchanted, Because of Winn Dixie, the Little House on the Prairie series and several others I can't think of right now. Even though the other books were great, our resent read, Anne of Green Gables takes the cake! I must admit, I had never read it before, but LOVED the movies as a kid. (I also must admit that I had to look up a few words and it was only a 7th grade reading level) Anne's character is so witty and charming and full of love and energy. I have to say that Anne has changed how I view the natural world. It isn't rare to find a good book, but it is rare for me to find something that uplifted my spirits and made me think of all the possibilities life has ahead in such a simple yet dramatic way. My girls loved this book and so did I, we can't wait until Netflix sends us the movie this weekend. I just wanted to jot down my thoughts about it and recommend it to all my blogging friends, not only for their little girls, but for themselves as well. I can't wait to read the next one! To think I have gone all these years and missed out on such a great read.

7 comments:

Kell said...

Yay!!! I've always loved these books, but had kind of forgotten about them! I'll have to get them to read to Savannah!

kellie said...

What a good mom you are!

Anna Marks said...

Kellie, I only do two good things as a mother, read to them, and feed them. I'm sure everything else will be discussed in a therapy session later in life. ;-)

Valorie said...

Anna, your comment cracked me up! Cassie and I read Anne of Green Gables together too and loved it. Try Little Women sometime, she liked that one too.

top knot extensions said...

I LOVE the family picture!!! And yes I got alot of my furniture at Razmataz, I LOVE that store!!! and thanks for sying I have good taste!! We obviously have the same taste if we shop at the same store!!!

Babbel Family said...

Oh I love Anne of Green Gables!!!

Tosha Mack said...

Your family has grown so much! We didn't even realize you have 5 beautiful pictures.

About the books-- I guess I need to read them. I wasn't a big reader until I was in late highschool, but maybe I need to go back to this classic.

Tosha