Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Beloved Trophy!

I'm a little late with this post because Jason was finished with his soccer season in February, but better late than never.

This kid will do just about anything for a trophy! He will even play in freezing wind. The winter soccer season in Arizona was MUCH, MUCH, colder than I had predicted. And we found out that the wind blows a LOT here in Vail, AZ.

Jason loves soccer and he loves that trophy. All his special things are placed in a little shrine in his closet and he doesn't like anyone to touch or look at them. But occasionally, I come into his room and find him looking or holding this odd little bobble head trophy.

Jason is a fast kid, so any sport that allows him to run around like crazy for about an hour is a very good thing. And as a parent, I just love to watch him run with that big fat smile on his face. Love IT!

He loves trophies so much, I think we will just get him a giant Trophy for Christmas with his name engraved on it with the saying, "Best Smiler In the Marks Family." That should make him happy for the rest of his life.

1 comment:

kellie said...

It is so dang cold in jan/feb out here! Trophys are so fun for kids....I just don't like dusting them!