Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mt. Lemmon


A few weeks ago, we headed up to Mt. Lemmon. We have lived here for almost a year and haven't had a chance to check out the gorgeous mountain we live at the base of. It was breath taking to say the least! We had a great time climbing rocks and playing in the stream and eating fudge from the General Store. We definitely will be going up again soon! I'd like to catch some fall colors and then some snow in the winter. It's the best having a mountain to go play in the snow and then come back down to 70 degree weather in the winter. We are loving Arizona!

Ashley really got into the hiking thing, especially after she found a hiking stick. She climbed all over the hill and was never really interested in playing in the stream with everyone else. I think she has found something she really enjoys -- HIKING!! This is the place to live if you love hiking, we'll have to find a few more trails to keep her entertained.

6 comments:

Valorie said...

Looks like a fun trip. I love any outing when you combine chocolate too! We miss you guys~!

Angie said...

This is on my list of things I want to do...soon! Looks so fun!

Babbel Family said...

I love how all the kids have their bag od snacks!!!

Mindi said...

You will have to head up to Madera Canyon in October. You will find some fall colors there! Another great family hiking spot. I need to get back up Mt. Lemon!

Nat said...

That is on our list too. Dallin has been asking to go for a long time. It looks like everyone had a great time.

Kristen said...

Don't you love it when you see one of your kids really click with something? It's such a fun thing as a mother to see. Looks like fun!