Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ashley's Birthday

Thursday was Ashley's birthday! I do one good thing being a mother, I attempt to make a birthday cake of their choice for their birthdays. I'm hoping that when they are in a therapy session one day, they will at least remember this one token of love! This was my try at a Barbie Cake for her. I had to break the legs off of one of Mandy's Barbie's and now I owe her a new one!

Wow!! Ashley is 8! I can't believe it. I was pregnant with her when we moved to Illinois. Time really does fly! We are looking forward to her baptism next Saturday.


The above picture is Ashley with her Carrie Underwood CD. She LOVES Carrie Underwood and I got this for her to put in her Karaoke machine. She loves to sing!

10 comments:

Valorie said...

Happy Birthday Ashley. I love Carrie Underwood too. You look all grown up. I wish I could be there for your baptism. We miss you guys.

The Johnsons said...

I want her CD. I like her too. I bet she learned that one from her mom.

Jaime said...

That cake is amazing! I am seriously impressed. My equivalent involves driving to the bakery at Macey's. Oh well...

The Andersons: said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY! Tell your parents that eight years is long enough to banish themselves, we'll let them come back now! We miss you!

Mel said...

Okay you are totally professional! Wow, I will make sure my kids don't see your blog! I doubt your kids will ever be in a therapy session, they have the best mom ever! I can't believe she and Blake are 8! Where does the time go? I love Carrie Underwood too!

Amanda said...

Oh tell her Happy Birthday! K- The therapy think is so funny- i can relate way to much to that:) The cake looks FAB!!! You need to post how you did it. I don't make my kids cakes very often so I could use some great ideas. Got your card yesterday and looks great.

Anderson Clan said...

Wow, Anna. I'm so impressed with your cake. You could be a professional! :) We hope Ashley had a wonderful birthday. We expect to see lots of pictures from her baptism day. We are sad not to be there.

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

First of all, AWESOME CAKE! Second, sorry to hear about your -15 degree day. That truly stinks. How do you not go absolutely crazy trapped inside like that? I admire and yet have feelings of intense pity for your family.

I am also pleased you are raising your kids right and encouraging the love of country music. If you tell me that she also likes Brad Paisley, Braden will be 7 in a couple of months and we can get started on an arranged marriage. Good luck again with the cold and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

top knot extensions said...

LOOK AT YOU!!! You are an AMAZING cake maker!!! Great job!

Sherri Romney said...

You and your cakes! I feel so...un-artistic. Happy birthday Ashley!!!