Sunday, April 19, 2009

Favorite Things

O.k.  I'm not big on all those questionaires that get e-mailed to me.  However, I was thinking the other day of some of the things in my life that have changed my life in a big way.  It made me laugh to think about so I decided to post a few with the reasons.  You might get a kick out of it.

1. A GARAGE!!!  We live outside of chicago and for 2 1/2 years we lived in an apartment on the third floor with no garage or covered parking.  So in the winter when it is so cold you could die, it was HORRIBLE to take my two little girls (at the time), walk across a big parking lot and put them in a freezing car.   Their coats were "crispy" by the time I put them in their car seats!!  So now as I pull into my garage that is attached to my home, I say a little prayer of thanks!!  A garage has changed my life.  It keeps me and my kids warmer as we pull conveinently right up to our door.  We also do not have to haul groceries up three flights of stairs, you can just walk right in that wonderful door!!  This is something I never take for granted, I love my garage!!

2. A MINIVAN!!  Granted, they are not much to look at, but if you have little kids, it is a small miracle.  The sliding doors cannot hit other cars in the parking lot!!  I know I would be yelling at my kids every time I pull into a parking lot if I didn't have these wonderful sliding door.  Also, I didn't think auto matic doors would change my life as much as they have!!  It saves so much time to have that door open with a push of a button.  Next time I buy a van, it will have the automatic started and back hatch, that would be cool.  My van also has the ability to turn into a truck by putting all the seats down flat!  For my husband that has been so great, we can haul almost anything a truck can, we just can't take the kids when we do.

3.  LARGE CAPACITY front loading washer/dryer!!!  I just got the new whirlpool large capacity front loaders back in September and these has SERIOUSLY made my life easier.  What once was three loads in now only one!!  I now do a major laundry day once a week where I do about 7 loads.  It is awesome!  It also cleans our clothes so much better and uses less water which saves us money!  Gotta love it.

4.  THE MAGIC ERASER!!  This is a Magic little sponge made by Mr. Clean that is now generic at walmart or target.  I use this thing on EVERYTHING.  It is fabulous on stove tops, ovens, bath tubs, walls, microwaves, cabinets, inside the car, floors, inside/outside the fridge, sinks and anything else you can think of!!  It takes off soap scum, grease, dirt, and even some hard water stains off of just about any surface.  It is especially good at getting gunk out of rough surfaces that you never thought would come clean.  It makes things look new again, even dirt and grime that has been there for years will come out.  I know I keep saying this, but it will change your life!!  I swear I have a year supply of them under my sink in the kitchen.  LOVE IT!!

8 comments:

Babbel Family said...

Amen sister to all those!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

I feel the same way about my minivan (haven't dented any doors yet). What kind do you have? Also, I feel the same love and appreciation for my garage. Here it's just the opposite...we don't freeze, but we fry! I love being able to go from an air conditioned car into the garage and up to the door. And my kids and I don't get third degree burns from the door handles, seats, steering wheel, etc. Yup, life is good!!

Valorie said...

I agree with your list! Love the minivan took even though as my teenagers tell me it isn't the "cool transportation choice". Good thing some things keep them humble! :) We miss you guys. Hope you are doing well

The Johnsons said...

I agree with the garage thing totally. With living in Cold Alaska and Hot Texas and Nevada it is such a blessing. I guess I need to use the magic erasers on more things, I didn't know they were so handy.

top knot extensions said...

I have to find out info on your washer and dryer, I am looking for one now. And I LOVE how you are greatful for the everyday things!!

The Andersons: said...

I'm going to have to buy me a magic eraser...headed to Wally World today!

Sherri Romney said...

That is so funny! I never thought about the sliding doors and kids not hitting neighboring cars...that IS a nice feature! And now I want to try that magic eraser... Oh and I did get your birthday wish and wanted to tell you THANKS!!! And you need my number. 435-327-0036

Mel said...

You almost have sold me on a minivan! I remember you living in that 3rd floor apt. building!!! Good list. I love the magic eraser too!