
I've been feeling pretty blessed to be able to participate in the dedication of the Gila Valley Temple. This is something I did not think I was going to be able to do when the church announced they were building a temple in the Valley I grew up in! At the time we were living in Chicago and we had no idea we would be moving back to Arizona.
I am still amazed that we have a Temple right smack in the middle of my hometown! It's a little surreal for me.
I had a fairytale experience growing up in the Gila Valley. No one locks their doors, I walked to school, the pool, piano lessons, friends houses, the "jiffy market" down the street to get that king sized snickers I saved my money for. (Being a mother now, I would never let my kids do all that by themselves, and quite frankly, I miss that sense of security and freedom, and I envy my sister's kids for still having it.)
It is a great small town with good people, beautiful Mt. Graham to watch over the valley and yummy Mexican food. That little town made me who I am and prepared me for all the adventures I've had in life thus far. Thank you Gila Valley, I love you! I'm so blessed. And now this wonderful valley has a Temple. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
6 comments:
Even though I have no connections to Gila Valley, I was excited for all of the people in that district, and the generations that have come before them! It's been a beautiful experience for our family too!
There's nothing like a temple dedication. Sounds like your's was even more extra special. That's neat that you got to be a part of it. I'm so happy Seth was able to visit my parents when he was in Israel. Hopefully you survived him being there. I know that I am continually nervous that my parents live there. You guys have such a beautiful family.
I love your view on this Anna! It really is a beautiful temple and even my jealousy of not having a temple here subsided ;).
Blessed is definitely the right word of the day. It has been surreal to see the response of everyone in the community, especially those not of our faith. Tommy Nicholas said it best the other day when he said this is better than a once in a lifetime experience.
Shannon and I (ok mainly Shannon) would be happy to watch your kids should you ever need a babysitter to visit the temple when you are here.
Ryan's right. I will watch your kiddos anytime. Come on down!
I just couldn't help but think of the pioneers that settled the area...and that THEIR hard work is paying off in OUR life!
What a great growing up!
Post a Comment