Many years ago, the Friday's restaurant used to carry "Rock Slide Pie." It was Seth's FAVORITE! For years he has been reflecting on the yumminess of this cheesecake. So a while ago I thought I would attempt it.
This consists of homemade cheesecake with an oreo cookie crust and homemade macadamia-nut fudge. Chocolate fudge and caramel sauce drizzled over the top with occasional roasted macadamia nuts sprinkled around. It was pretty good, but not the same as the original. The kids DID NOT LIKE the fudge or the nuts or the cheesecake (next time I will refrigerate it for a day before consumption). So even though my experiment seemed to be a failure, I did learn a few things: NEVER, NEVER, tell your children there are nuts in fudge, and it's o.k. to try new things, I learned quite a bit.
4 comments:
oh my gosh!!! of course you would post this yumminess when I am in the middle of this stupid 3 day cleanse thing!!!! yummo!!!!!!!
Why would you go and waste it on your kids! Next time, bring it to me:)!! I got to taste the fudge and it was yummy! I am guessing the rest was wonderful too!
That looks so yummy!!! I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard now!!!
Looks yummy! I shouldn't learn how to make anything that looks like that.
Post a Comment