This last week I got up early and went running (technically for me it's more of a slow jog while I try to keep up with some really nice gals who let me tag along with them) twice this week. I was feeling pretty confident, so I went by myself on Saturday morning to put in my "long" run.Apparently, Seth felt I was gone too long and really started to get worried about me. When I walked in he was so relieved and told me how worried he was that I had been shoved in some van and taken "down by the river." He almost came looking for me and called the police. I thought I must have been gone much longer than I thought (no clock, no watch, no cell phone, no way to track my miles). So, I looked at the clock on the wall. . . I had only been gone 47 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Then I started to laugh at him. I had been gone much longer when I went with the gals the other two days! He told me he wasn't worried when I was in a group. I was just disappointed that I wasn't gone longer, maybe I would have had a run in with the police searching for me.
9 comments:
That is so funny....and sweet! I'm so glad you came last week. I hope to see you again this week. I'm on my "recovery" week from my race Sat so I will be going short and slow;)
Anna, that is so cute he was worried about you. Loved catching up with all the other things happenening in your family. Your kids are growing up so fast. We miss you guys.
What a sweet hubby! Good for you for keeping up w/ your running. I really need to start one of these days...but at this point I'm so out of shape I'm afraid to try!;)
Wow that would be kinda nice if Jake got worried when I was gone. Most of the time I leave to run, I get "that was fast" when I walk back in the door. ;) Good job getting back into running! It is always so hard to start but feels SO GOOD once you get into a routine. I need to start it up again...dang vacations mess it all up! :)
PS-thanks for the clothes and bottles. I haven't been over there to pick it up yet, but I'm headed there today! Love you!
come by and pick up my man eating dog - he can protect you while running. (not sure he could make 45 minutes though haha)
When Shayne started running, I kid you not, there were SEVERAL time when I jumped in the car to go find him. I STILL worry about him, mainly because I worry about heat exhaustion and he runs a very fast mile.
You are awesome, inspiring, to this former yogger...I need to get back into the game...
When Shayne started running, I kid you not, there were SEVERAL time when I jumped in the car to go find him. I STILL worry about him, mainly because I worry about heat exhaustion and he runs a very fast mile.
You are awesome, inspiring, to this former yogger...I need to get back into the game...
are you kidding...47 min is GREAT!!! good job!!! and I am glad you werent down a river somewhere also!!
lol!! good job on your running! Sent invites for sarah's shower today (i am way behind) but plan on the 15th for sure!
Post a Comment